Tuesday 17 July 2012

40 weeks, maternity leave and Team GB

Happy 40 weeks to me! As you can see then, the last post did not end up being the last post, sans-baby, however I am still hopeful that it will come quite soon!

Last week I started maternity leave. It feels so nice not to be at work and to be able to stay in bed that bit longer in the morning. I have actually surprised myself by being quite organised so everything is pretty much in place for when the baby comes. Laura came down to stay with me for a couple of days last week and we had so much fun together. Our two days consisted of shopping, eating a ridiculous amount of food (yes, we went to krispy kreme and yes we had two doughnuts each, but who's counting??!) and vegging out as well. The shopping included Laura buying the baby "Team GB" olympic sleepsuits, they are amazing and I can't wait to see our baby in them! She was so excited to get them for us and we love them. Laura took really good care of me and we had a great time, it was a shame to see her go. As well as just enjoying her company and having her here, it also took my mind off the fact that I am waiting for the baby to arrive!

Last Wednesday was mine and Seth's 3rd wedding anniversary. I can't believe that we have been married for 3 years already! The time has gone by so quickly. We celebrated it by going out for dinner to a nearby Mexican restaurant and had non-alcoholic cocktails afterwards, they were so good! Virgin coladas all the way.

Last week, Seth and I went food shopping. I know, you're thinking that that's really not anything very interesting (unless of course I went into labour while we were there but you already know that  didn't!). As we were making our way through the car park, you know how you turn sideways to walk in between cars so that you can fit in between their wing mirrors? Seth found it really funny that I can now no longer do that as I am deeper than I am wide! All the things you don't really think about! I had to navigate my way around, analysing if I could actually fit in between cars or not. I quite often underestimate how big my stomach is. For the longest time, people didn't even realise I was pregnant and now, strangers ask me when I am due and say that I must be about ready to pop now. Yes, yes I am, could someone please pass that on to the baby? Much appreciated!

Ever since we got married, before we had even discussed having children, Seth had always said that when I was pregnant, he wanted to buy face paints and to paint the baby bump. I always thought that he would forget about this but a couple of nights ago, he came home from work with a cheeky grin on his face and then produced the face paints. So what better time to paint the bump than the due date?


The face paints were red, white and blue so of course, what with the olympics coming up very soon, it was only natural for Seth to paint the "Team GB" logo on my stomach! I was very limited in my view and so I had to wait until he had completely finished painting it to see how it looked. I think it turned out brilliantly, he did an amazing job! (Has anyone else noticed that it looks like the lion has an ear because of where my belly button is??!) Seth was rather pleased with his handiwork, and with good reason! It was a fun evening.

2 comments:

  1. If I'm unfortunate enough to carry this baby 6 days past my due date (25th Oct) I am getting Dave to paint a pumpkin on my belly, otherwise we may need to consult you guys for some creative ideas as this is VERY impressive!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is indeed most impressive. Is there no end to your talents Seth ? Kirsty how you managed to keep still amazes me. As I am late (very late ) in commenting on this artwork your beloved son has arrived. He is absolutely gorgeous and you two are fantastic parents. I am so very proud of you both and my new precious grandson is THE BEST.Love you three so much.xxx

    ReplyDelete