Friday 14 June 2013

Me and my shadow

My little Caleb is now 10 and a half months old. Up until a few weeks ago, he still wasn't crawling. Whenever is came up in conversation with people, they said that I should be glad that he's not crawling because once he's on the move, there will be no stopping him. To be honest I wasn't sure if he would ever crawl or if he would be one of these babies that just start to walk. But, a few weeks ago, he leaned forward to reach for a toy (on one foot and one knee, as he does) and just started to crawl in that position. He did it so confidently that it made me wonder if he had actually done it before and I had completely missed it! I thought that the whole reaching for a toy thing may be the motivation he needed to start crawling, as I would often find him crying in frustration with a circle of toys around him from where he had thrown them all out of reach, but with no way to get to them.

I, perhaps somewhat naively thought, that once he started crawling, it would take him a while to get used to it and being able to move around. Apparently not. He is all over the place! It's so much fun seeing him moving around. The cutest thing is that he now follows me around the house. I will leave him in the living room watching cbeebies while I go to my bedroom to put on my make up. The next thing I know, he's peering around the bedroom door and will then crawl over to start rummaging through my make up bag! Then yesterday, I was washing up in the kitchen and when I turned around, he was sitting on the floor behind me, just watching. Again, he had been in the living room before. I love seeing how curious he is, he loves exploring and discovering new things. If I hold my arms out to him and he is on the other side of the room, he will smile, crawl over to me and hold onto my hands as he pulls himself up.

 
We found him trying to climb out of his cot. Needless to say, we lowered it. Then, when I thought he was in the living room, I found him in the hallway, playing with my Toms!
 

 
 
 
In some ways, I miss having a newborn baby to cuddle, but I have so much fun with Caleb now as he's learning more every day.


5 comments:

  1. Oh that boy is so gorgeous! I can't believe he is so mobile! the last couple of times I've seen him he's been in a pushchair and we've been out and about! Love all these cheeky pics, especially the look on his face in his cot! Looks like you'll be lowering that cot before he makes a break for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie!! I love that picture of him with the laundry basket!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My precious grandson. Beautiful photos my Kirsty and Seth.He is such a clever little boy. No wonder I miss you three so much xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, he is gorgeous!!!! What else could I expect from such gorgeous parents ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so perfect! It's crazy how quickly they grow!! Mia will be following me around the house before I know it :)

    ReplyDelete