Tuesday 9 July 2013

Reunion!

When Mum and Laura were visiting, on the Saturday Seth, Caleb and I left them at our house watching Wimbledon (which they were only too happy to do, was made to watch it non-stop when I lived at home, they are both huge fans!) and we went to meet up with our friends, Anna and Phil. They were down this way for Anna's brother's wedding on the Friday and Anna had texted me months ago to see if we would be free to meet them on the Saturday morning for breakfast. Of course, I said yes!

Anna and Phil were our best friends when we lived in Lancaster, we spent a lot of time at each others houses. Seth was at university in Lancaster when we got married, so I moved up there to be with him for the couple of years until he graduated. I didn't know anyone there other than Seth and the prospect of being in a new place with new people and a new husband was all a bit scary and, well, new! Anna was already very good friends with Seth so I was pleased when we also became good friends. Girls night was a regular thing with Anna and a couple of our other friends where we would lounge around eating chocolate fondue and setting the world to rights! Since we moved down South we don't get to see them very much anymore so we were thrilled to be able to see them again. They had a beautiful baby boy, Rupert 14 weeks ago and it was so lovely to meet him for the first time. I forgot what it feels like to hold a little baby, it seems like such a long time ago now that Caleb was that small.

I have to say, I didn't really speak to Phil that much. He is lovely, but Anna and I were chatting away so much that I don't even think we realised that the guys were there sitting right next to us! When we finished, we drove to the temple and spent some time in the grounds, sitting in the sunshine. I am so glad that we got to see Anna and Phil. Even though we haven't seen them since February, I love how when we get together, nothing changes and we still talk as much as we always used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment