Thursday 30 January 2014

Thor and I like to hang out in the same places

Before Christmas was a pretty busy time for Seth as he spent a lot of Saturdays revising for upcoming exams. He took one Saturday off though, much to mine and Caleb's delight and we went to the Royal Observatory in Greenwich. I'm not sure if I've ever been there before and if I have, it was when I was so young that I don't really remember it! It's more or less on the same site as the National Maritime Museum as well, which was where part of Thor 2 was filmed. It was great to be there anyway but I would be lying if I didn't say that that fact added to my excitement a little bit!! Also, for anyone that has seen the film, you know that bit where Thor is looking at the map and it shows Greenwich? It also shows the town where we live. I like to think I'm a little bit famous now ;).


This was taken the other side of the gates, from the front of the building in the above picture.

The Royal Observatory was really interesting, if you're slightly geeky like we are! There were lots of displays all about time with lots of lovely watches to look at (we all know how much I love my watches!) and we posed on the meridian line.


Greenwich Meridian separates east from west and it's at the centre of our system of time zones. So we had a foot in both camps in the picture above! (Well, Caleb did anyway, Seth and I were on either side of the line). We had a lovely day out there and we also visited the planetarium which is on the same site. Caleb didn't enjoy it quite as much as we did and he fell asleep but he can be forgiven for that!

The observatory is at the top of a massive hill and it took about 20 minutes to walk up it (okay, it may have been less, but it felt that long, it was pretty steep and cold too!!). The view from the top is amazing though, you can see out over all of London. I love that we have so much to do and see pretty much right on our doorstep.







3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful photos of you three. Kirsty you have been there but you were very young !! It certainly is a lovely place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! And your little guy is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these pictures are awesome! how fun!

    ReplyDelete